Welcome to play Killing Engine

username:
password:

Forum

Talk about anything related to Killing Engine. Have improvement ideas or suggestions? Share them with us here. Wanna set up a match or meet people? Come on in.

Post 06 Apr 2010, 15:41

...Yet another question :D

Isn't the tournament "battle system" a bit awkward? I mean, it doesn't really
matter if your team loses or wins in the first 3 matches, it gets to the "playoffs"
anyway. Isn't it unfair that a team that could have won like all 3 matches
and then loses to a team that hasn't won a single match, drops from tournament?
Or have I misunderstood something?

...Anyways, I'd like to report that the 4. team shall be "KRS united"
you can put me as the leader, but we haven't yet decided who others will play in
the team, but can you put "reserved" tags to two of the remaining teammate "seats" :D
the third one can be left as open. For now. :)
One team to rule them all... and thats TeamKarpo.
Jokinen

Post 06 Apr 2010, 16:53

Jokinen wrote:Isn't the tournament "battle system" a bit awkward? I mean, it doesn't really
matter if your team loses or wins in the first 3 matches, it gets to the "playoffs"
anyway. Isn't it unfair that a team that could have won like all 3 matches
and then loses to a team that hasn't won a single match, drops from tournament?

Yeah, you understood right. It's like in hockey; if team Canada wins each match in regular series and then loses to Italy in playoffs, they're gone. It's a bitch, but the important thing to me is that we can have games that won't necessarily mean you're out. It's just that if you do badly, you're gonna face off the best team in the playoffs.

This can be changed, of course, if others think it's a bad idea, too. I like this system. :)

Trust your skills!
Believing is seeing.
Ianuarius

Project Leader

Post 07 Apr 2010, 18:03

Ok, Jokinen, what's up with your team? :) Are these people gonna play or what?

Tomppu said that he might join one team so if Jokinen get's his team up then we only need one person more (although there are room for 5, just in case).

Come on people! Join a team. The skill level doesn't matter at all! The most important thing is that we get this tournament going and have some good times! 8)
Believing is seeing.
Ianuarius

Project Leader

Post 07 Apr 2010, 18:44

Or... Can I left my team, and join an another team? Now I forget the name of that first team... Can I join it? :D
Mikko

Post 07 Apr 2010, 18:59

Mikko wrote:Or... Can I left my team, and join an another team? Now I forget the name of that first team... Can I join it? :D

Developers? But you're not a developer. That would be cheating! ;)

It would be nice if you stayed in your team... it would make this a lot more fair.
Believing is seeing.
Ianuarius

Project Leader

Post 07 Apr 2010, 22:22

Ok, the players who will join my team are "Simotheaikagay" and "Nirhaaja".

The two open places still remain. :)
Jokinen

Post 07 Apr 2010, 23:14

Ok, AWESOME! :)

Now the only one missing from Top10 is AnaTheSlayer. I'd wanna see him there too, but it's up to him.

Now if Tomppu joins to either of your teams we need only one recruit more to complete the teams. What's the situation for Mikko?

Leaders, I suggest you begin to acquire the schedules for next week. We'll have at least ROUND 1 then. Ask what times are available for each day. Then inform here the times that suit for your whole team. Remember that you need 60 minutes to complete the round. If someone has to leave, that's your loss (but you might win either way). There should be few minutes to spare in both ends, so if the match is at 18:00, then be ready at 17:45 and be prepared to stay until 18:15.

So, give me the times that suit for EACH of your team members. If you decide that it's ok if someone comes there for just 30 minutes, it's your business and doesn't concern us. Give us the times that suit for your team in THIS topic, as such:

DEVELOPERS:

MON 12th, 18:00 or 19:00
TUE 13th, 20:00
WED 14th, n/a
THU 15th, n/a
FRI 16th, 19:00, 20:00, 20:30
etc.

Your available time is 60 minutes from the time you give. So if you say that TUE 13th, 20:00 is good, then it means that you can play 20:00 - 21:00.

You may create a topic for your team here and ask the times there, if you wish. Ask if you can use their e-mail addresses or if they use IRC or whatever (developers hang around in #killingengine @ IRCnet, and you are welcomed there too). Have the times ready for Saturday 10th, this week. If there are many suitable times, we can propably have the second round next week too. :)

Ok, then one more thing. Our programmer is working on fixing few of the big problems in the game so that we can have fair battles in the Tournament. Be prepared to install a new version of Killing Engine before the first round.
Believing is seeing.
Ianuarius

Project Leader

Post 07 Apr 2010, 23:31

Sounds just great. :)

...And I might get the 4. member to my team, well he's not in the top 10 or 20 but at
least in top 100 :D I'll inform about it tomorrow. (And probably even 5. player, but one
thing at the time. :D)
Jokinen

Post 08 Apr 2010, 00:05

Ok, FYI, here's our team's schedule:

DEVELOPERS:

MON 12th, 22:00
TUE 13th, 20:00, 21:00
WED 14th, 20:00, 21:00
THU 15th, 20:00, 21:00
FRI 16th, n/a
SAT 17th, n/a
SUN 18th, 20:00, 21:00

I hope that KankiKalle can provide one even remotely similar time for some day. :D
Yeah, Friday and Saturday are out of question, unless we can find a backup. :P

EDIT: Oh, and Mikko, it appears that Tomppu is the fourth recruit for your team. :)
Believing is seeing.
Ianuarius

Project Leader

Post 08 Apr 2010, 16:28

Yo, player "joumansnowman" is our teams 4. player. :)

well start discussing about the schedule soon.
Jokinen